Features of Chemical Conversion Coating:
Chemical Conversion coating provides a protective layer on aluminum and aluminum alloys for protection against corrosion on painted and unpainted surfaces and protection where low electrical resistance is required.
In addition, Erie Plating provides both hexavalent and trivalent chromate conversion. Trivalent chromate conversion coatings are nontoxic, RoHS-compliant alternative to hexavalent chromate conversion coatings.
- Provides corrosion resistance on aluminum sheet, extrusions, forgings and aluminum sand or die castings.
- Inexpensive in all applications.
- When specified, provides nearly zero electrical resistance.
- Excellent base for paint.
- Prolongs shelf life and resists staining and fingerprinting.
- Provides super corrosion resistance on all aluminum products by addition of seal.
- Clear to light in appearance.
- Excellent corrosion protection.
- Salt spray hours from 72 to 120 depending on the part and alloy.