Sulfuric Acid Anodizing - Type II
Anodizing, Sulfuric Type II
Specialty Sulfuric Acid Anodizing
MIL-A-8625 Type II
Type II sulfuric anodizing places aluminum in a sulfuric bath and uses current to build up the aluminum oxide on the and near the metal surface. This process provides corrosion and wear-resistance, and can be used as a base for paint. The specific process will affect the coating thickness, while adding a seal can enhance the protective benefits.
Military and Defense
Base metal substrate
2024 Aluminum Alloy
6062 Aluminum Alloy
7075 Aluminum Alloy
- Provides abrasion resistance and can be readily dyed to many colors and sealed.
- Coatings have .0001" to .001" thicknesses.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Enhanced corrosion resistance with dichromate seal.
- Provides excellent base for primers, bonding agents and organic coatings.
- Excellent rubber bonding surface if unsealed.
Note: We provide Chromic Anodizing Type I, Sulfuric Anodizing with Color - Type II, Hard Anodizing Type III, and Sulfuric Anodizing - Type II.