Type II sulfuric anodizing places aluminum in a sulfuric bath and uses current to build up the aluminum oxide on the and near the metal surface. This process provides corrosion and wear-resistance, and can be used as a base for paint. The specific process will affect the coating thickness, while adding a seal can enhance the protective benefits.
Base metal substrate
- Provides abrasion resistance and can be readily dyed to many colors and sealed.
- Coatings have .0001" to .001" thicknesses.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Enhanced corrosion resistance with dichromate seal.
- Provides excellent base for primers, bonding agents and organic coatings.
- Excellent rubber bonding surface if unsealed.