Chromic Acid Anodizing - Type I
Anodizing on Aluminum
Anodizing, Chromic Type I
Aluminum Chromic Anodizing
Specialized Chromic Acid Anodize Type I
MIL-A-8625 Type I
Type I Chromic Acid Anodizing passes an electrical flow (anodizing) through a chromic acid solution. This creates a thin aluminum oxide film that is non-reactive, a good primer base, and corrosion-resistant. This is a favored coating for parts undergoing high-stress, such as in the aerospace industry.
Paint and prime base
Welded Components and Assemblies
Military and Defense
Base metal substrate
2024 Aluminum Alloy
6062 Aluminum Alloy
7075 Aluminum Alloy
Critical Corrosion Protection
- For aluminum with copper content below 5%.
- Thin but has greater abrasion resistant surface than bare aluminum. (Thicknesses range from .00005" to .0001".)
- Very corrosion resistant coating for the small thickness.
- Provides an exceptional base for primers, bonding agents, and organic coatings.
- Provides nonreactive surface for metal-to-metal contact interfaces such as welded or riveted assemblies.
- Provides nonreactive surface for metal-to-elastomer contact interfaces
Note: We provide Chromic Anodizing Type I, Sulfuric Anodizing with Color - Type II, Hard Anodizing Type III, and Sulfuric Anodizing - Type II.