Chromic Acid Anodizing - Type I
Anodizing on Aluminum
Chromic Anodizing Type I
Aluminum Chromic Anodizing
Anodizing, Chromic Type I
Base metal substrate
Seal Options: Dichromate
MIL-A-8625 Type I
- For aluminum with copper content below 5%.
- Thin but has greater abrasion resistant surface than bare aluminum. (Thicknesses range from .00005" to .0001".)
- Very corrosion resistant coating for the small thickness.
- Provides an exceptional base for primers, bonding agents, and organic coatings.
- Provides nonreactive surface for metal to metal contact interfaces such as welded or riveted assemblies.