Cadmium plating provides good protection against rust and corrosion in salt atmospheres and at low thickness, enhanced when it is sealed. It is resistant to mold and bacteria growth, with low electrical resistance and exceptional conductivity. It has favorable compatibility with aluminum to avoid galvanic corrosion. It has natural lubricity (low-friction) properties.
Features of Cadmium Plating Process:
- Superior Corrosion Protection; Government-favored finish for corrosion protection.
- Provides excellent corrosion resistance even at relatively low thickness and in salt atmospheres.
- Provides enhanced corrosion resistance with clear chromate and seal.
- Provides super enhanced corrosion resistance with yellow chromate and seal.
- Provides ultimate enhanced corrosion resistance with olive drab chromate and seal.
- Provides good lubricity.
- Provides attractive final finish.
- Provides good paint base.