The Chemical Technician will mix, monitor, and inventory a variety of chemicals according to specified procedures and protocols. This position is responsible for making solution adjustments as prescribed by laboratory personnel and maintaining bulk chemical inventory.
Submit Your Application
- Performs all steps necessary to safely maintain correct chemical balance or material mixture needed to support proper equipment operation, product quality, or other chemical needs.
- Measures, mixes, and performs solution adjustments for chemical processing solutions.
- Handles and stores all compounds and chemicals in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs chemical inventory duties including requisitioning, receiving, maintaining physical count, and lot adjustments for chemical material using database.
- Safely maintains and stores all relevant tools, instruments, measuring devices, and equipment to ensure proper function.
- Adheres to all applicable regulations for proper labeling and disposal of chemical compounds and waste.
- Identifies and reports problems and/or incidents to supervising manager.
- Assists/supports laboratory and waste treatment areas.Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Safety conscious.
- Reliable attendance and good time management skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and accurate.
- Good housekeeping practices.
- Proficient understanding of mathematics.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Proficient with computer software.
- Ability to read and understand technical information and maintain proper records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred, but not a prerequisite for position.
- At least one year of related chemical handling.
- Forklift experience with bulk materials.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear masks or full-face respirator when required.
Erie Plating Company participates in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) drug testing program.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
$16.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Erie, PA 16501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location