- Very smooth and even coatings can be achieved, regardless of the geometry of the part being plated.
- Great flexibility in plating volume and thickness.
- Provides good coverage in blind holes and recesses.
- Provides uniform plating thicknesses over inside and outside surfaces.
- Heat treated deposits compare in hardness to hard chrome.
- Provides extremely low coefficient of friction.
- Provides excellent corrosion resistance with thicknesses above .0005".
- Electroless nickel coatings provide excellent surface finishes for shielding EMF and RF electronics.
Electroless nickel finishes cover a wide variety of nickel phosphorus alloy coatings. The phosphorus content in electroless nickel coatings can range from 2% to 13%. Erie Plating specializes in mid phosphorus with a phosphorus content 5%-9%. For customers requiring other electroless nickel coatings, Erie Plating welcomes your inquiry and will be happy to work with you to provide a finish that meets your needs. Each type of electroless nickel has particular advantages depending on the application and type of nickel alloy.
Medium phosphorus electroless nickel (available)
- Very bright and semi-bright options
- High speed deposit rate
- Very stable
- The most common type of electroless nickel applied